I just got my pasta machine out of storage and all cleaned up. Now it is time to make the pasta dough that will be flattened by the rollers. The recipe is very simple.
- 4-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 6 medium eggs
- Pinch of salt
- On a pastry or wooden board, place the flour in the center.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and break the eggs into the well.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a fork while it is in the well.
- Add the pinch of salt.
- Continue to mix the eggs into the flour until you can no longer work it with the fork.
- Begin to knead the dough with your hands.
- When the dough is smooth and elastic, set it on the center of the board. Place a bowl, upside down, overtop of the dough to prevent it from drying. Let set for 30 minutes.
- After this time, begin flattening your dough and shape it into noodles and pasta.