Thursday, October 20, 2011

P2tog Knit Scarf

I made this scarf to match the Stockinette and P2tog Knit Hat I made for my almost 17-year-old daughter. I am also making a pair of fingerless gloves for her from the same yarn and I should have the pattern up tomorrow.


Yarn Used: Medium (4) worsted yarn. I used 1 skein Bernat Worsted color Folklore.
Size 9 (5.5 mm) knitting needles.
Cast on 20. 

To begin the scarf:

Row 1: Knit 1, Purl 1 across.
Knit row 1 six times (6 rows total).

Next, knit 5 rows.

Begin the pattern:

Pattern row 1: *yo, P 2 tog* across.
Pattern rows 2 to 6: knit across

Repeat pattern rows 1 through six until your reached the desired length of the scarf.

Finish the scarf with:

Row 1: Knit 1, Purl 1 across.
Knit row 1 six times (6 rows total).

No comments:

Post a Comment