Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quick and Easy Knit Gauntlets


Preparing for this winter, when the temperatures drop and my hands start to ache, I decided to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves or gauntlets. I made these out of medium weight yarn because it is what I have on hand at the moment and because I want the warmth of a heavier yarn.


Medium weight yarn (4).

Size 9 needles.

Cast on 25.

Beginning at the fingers:

Row 1: *K1, P1*, K1.
Row 2: *P1, K1*, P1.

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until length is 1 inch.

Knit stockinette stitch - knit 1 row, purl 1 row - until length is 6 inches.

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until length is 8 inches. Bind off.

Finishing: Fold in half, sides touching, purl stitches facing out. Beginning at fingers edge, seam sides for 1 inch. Leave 2 inches unseamed for thumb. Sew remainder of seam and weave in ends. Turn right side out and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment