After suffering from non-stop headaches during the first part of my pregnancy, I finally went to my midwife and explained my problems. She believes I need more proteins in my diet and handed me a paper on adding proteins to my diet and mixing proteins to creating whole proteins. Following the list of ingredients, my 16-year-old daughter and I created this delicious casserole.
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning
- 15.5 oz. can black beans
- 24 oz. jar traditional or meat flavored spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Prepare 1 cup white rice according to packaging instructions.
- Cook ground beef in skillet. Once meat is browned, add taco seasoning and blend meat and seasoning. Remove from heat.
- In 2.5 quart casserole dish, mix together ground beef, rice, black beans, dry milk, all but 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top mixture with remaining spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Serve casserole in a bowl, on lettuce, or make it into a wrap.