Friday, May 31, 2013

Taco and Rice Casserole Recipe


After suffering from non-stop headaches during the first part of my pregnancy, I finally went to my midwife and explained my problems. She believes I need more proteins in my diet and handed me a paper on adding proteins to my diet and mixing proteins to creating whole proteins. Following the list of ingredients, my 16-year-old daughter and I created this delicious casserole.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup white rice, cooked
  • 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
  • 1.25 oz. taco seasoning
  • 15.5 oz. can black beans
  • 24 oz. jar traditional or meat flavored spaghetti sauce, divided
  • 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Cooking Instructions
Prepare 1 cup white rice according to packaging instructions.
  1. Cook ground beef in skillet. Once meat is browned, add taco seasoning and blend meat and seasoning. Remove from heat.
  2. In 2.5 quart casserole dish, mix together ground beef, rice, black beans, dry milk, all but 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
  3. Top mixture with remaining spaghetti sauce and cheese.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Serve casserole in a bowl, on lettuce, or make it into a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment