Monday, September 30, 2013

Mother's Easy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Recipe


Recipe's Creation

When I was 15 weeks pregnant and suffering from constant headaches, my midwife suggested that I increase my protein intake. She gave me a list of foods and ingredients to add to my diet. In turn, my 16 year old daughter and I were steadily creating new, easy casserole dishes using the ingredients given to me. This dish was super easy to make and uses meat (a vegetarian substitute can be used in place of the ground beef), cheeses, and dry milk to give the dish a protein boost.

Ingredients


  • 1 lb. ground beef, turkey, or vegetarian substitute, cooked and drained
  • one 1 lb. box elbow macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
  • 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce or diced tomatoes



How to Prepare


  • In large bowl, mix together ground beef, noodles, dry milk, mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
  • Spread noodle mix evenly in a 13 X 9-inch casserole pan.
  • Top noodles with tomato sauce and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment