Friday, January 10, 2014

Shopping with a List and a Calculator

Shopping lists are a great way to not only remember what you need to buy at the grocery store, they are also a way to help save you money. I admit, I have to use a shopping list when I head out. Otherwise, I wind up forgetting things. The worse thing is when I make up a shopping list and then wind up forgetting the list. The habit is becoming easier now as I double check that I have everything before I leave the house.
I also keep a calculator in my purse so that I can keep myself within my food budget. I don't like getting a shock when I ring up my items at the register. Having the calculator also helps me know when I am under my budget and have extra money to spend on building up my stock pile for emergencies. We don't eat many snacks and prefer to make our own (which saves a lot of money), so we know longer have those items on the grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment