Thursday, July 31, 2014
12 Herbs You Can Grow Indoors
1. Basil - Basil can be grown indoors and sprigs can be cut, chopped, and added to spaghetti sauce. Eating a leaf of basil will also tame bad breath.
2. Chives - Chives grow really well when potted and brought indoors. Use fresh, chopped chives in scrambled eggs are as a garnish for deviled eggs.
3. Dill - Grow inside and add fresh dill to breads and soups.
4. Fennel - Fennel is commonly used to cure an upset stomach. Grow indoors in a well-drained pot.
5. Hyssop - Grow hyssop in a sunny window and use it to make a healthy tea.
6. Lavender - Lavender growing in a sunny window can make a whole room smell beautiful.
7. Parsley - Parsley is a popular garnish and freshly chopped parsley is a much needed addition to homemade chicken noodle soup.
8. Peppermint - Peppermint grown in a sunny window can be used to make tea that will soothe an upset stomach.
9. Rosemary - Potted rosemary plants are a common Christmas gift and can be grown indoors.
10. Sage - Sage is a great addition to breads, bread stuffing, and soups. Use freshly grown sage for baking, cooking, and in teas.
11. Savory - Savory can be added to meat dishes and it is used in making broths.
12. Thyme - Thyme can be added to a number of meat dishes, soups, and broths.