Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Blogging for a Living

Let's be honest. Blogging for a living is hard work. It takes months and even years before a blog starts to earn money. But, and this is a big but, blogging really can bring in the money.

I write for a living - from the time I get up until the time I pass out in bed while writing on my iPad. Writing is a compulsion for me. My biggest earnings do not come from blogging, though. My biggest earnings are from the sales of my Kindle books. I've written over 20 books and published them mostly under pen names so that I have the freedom to write what I want. My second largest earnings comes from writing for About.com. Blogging income comes in 3rd place. When I pick up a freelance job, the pay I get is always more than what I am making through my blogs.

Why Keep Blogging

As a writer, I always have to write. If there is a slow moment or if I am between books I write blog posts. I blog in the mornings to get myself into the zone. I blog at night to get those last words out of my head.

But if blogging isn't my top earner, than why do I do it?

Because there is always that chance, that "what if", that at least one of my blogs will take off. I'm not going to miss out on that opportunity simply because my blogs aren't my current top earners. Heck no. In fact, I am going to work even harder on them, not give up, and post as much valuable content as I possibly can in a day, week, month, and year.

I live for dreams, and I work to make those dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment