Monday, October 19, 2015

Easy Crochet Bath Mitt Free Pattern

Washcloth Bath Mitts



When I was young, my mother and her companion would take trips across Europe. On her return, she would always have goodies for me to sit down and open. This may sound odd but one of my favorite items she ever brought back was a hand mitt wash cloth from Germany. It was my personal washcloth and I used it at every bath until, years later, it became too threadbare to use.

Now that I've gotten back into knitting and crocheting, I've decided to crochet myself a simple hand mitt washcloth. Like the one from Germany, this one also has a loop in the one corner for hanging up - very convenient if you use those suction cup hooks in the bathroom.

Bath Mitt Pattern


I used kitchen yarn (cotton) for this project. I believe the brand is Peaches and Cream.

Size H hook.

Chain 21.

You will be using hdc in the back loops throughout.

Hdc in 3rd chain from hook. Hdc across. Chain 2 and turn.

Hdc every row until mitt is 14 inches long. If hanging loop is desired, after you finish last row, chain 10 and then slip stitch loop into place in last hdc.

Fold mitt in half so that it is 7 inches in length. Pin sides together and sew both sides. Weave in ends and turn right side out.

No comments:

Post a Comment