Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Why I Don't Have an Email Marketing List

Funneling, reverse funneling, and giving the squeeze. I don't care what you are calling it or how many zillions of dollars you have made annoying people with spam, I refuse to jump on the email marketing bandwagon.

As a consumer, I get annoyed with unwelcome email. If I don't recognize the email address, I delete the email and never open it. I don't care how tantalizing you make the heading or how *URGENT* you think your special offer really is, it's spam and it is trash.

Because I hate spam, I refuse to get on the email marketing bandwagon. Yes, I realize that there are suckers everywhere and emailing thousands of people will land you with a 2% return of suckers, I am still not game to your game.

It is not that I don't want to make money. I do. But I can't bring myself to fill people's heads with false hope, false promises, in the name of a buck.

Let the politicians pull that scam. I like going to bed at night knowing I am not going to hell for misdeeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment