Set the Goal
Your ultimate goal is to write a book, but to most people writing a book is a daunting task. So daunting, in fact, that the majority of people who want to write a book never do. Don't let this be you.
Grab a piece of paper and write your ultimate goal along the top: Write a Book.
Underneath this, you are going to create a step by step checklist list of things you need to do to get started and finished with your book.
Copy this checklist down under your title.
1. Decide what you want to write about: fiction or nonfiction, genre or subject. Write it down.
2. Write a 1 to 2 sentence summary of what your book is about.
3. Come up with a title.
4. Create an outline for your book.
5. Write 1,000 words a day. More, if you are able. Continue step 5 until book is finished.
6. First edit.
7. First proofread.
8. Get a 2nd pair of eyes to read through your book.
9. Prepare cover or order a cover.
10. Format book.