Monday, February 29, 2016

Easy Way to Write a Bibliography for Books

Most of my nonfiction books have a bibliography. It makes my books look well researched and professional. however, my dirty little secret is that I never have to stress about how to write a bibliography. I cheat.

Fast and Easy Bibliography Maker


Back in the days when I used a typewriter or when the internet was fairly new, I had to write out my bibliographies while using a college writing handbook as a reference. It was a pain in the rump, but it had to be done.

When I started writing and publishing books for Kindle, I knew there had to be a better way to do the bibliographies. Then my teenage daughter showed me bibme.org. Prayers answered.

How to Use BibMe.org


When you go onto the BibMe page, you will be able to enter a title. Select book, magazine, newspaper, website, journal, film, or other. Click on the find button.

You will then get a list of source matching your title. Select the correct one. You will get a page that shows the source information. Click add to my bibliography.

In the side bar, the bibliography for the book or source that you entered will appear. You can choose which format you want it in: MLA, APA, Chicago, or Turabian. Copy and paste it into your file, making sure your sources are listed in alphabetical order. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment